A new librarian with the LCC Library may be asked to complete the following checklists, readings, and tasks during the first semester of their orientation. Questions and inquiries may be directed towards the new librarian's mentor and the Library Director.
Read all the library team charges via the Library Teams Research Guide.
- Specifically become familiar with the Reference Services Team (RST) page regarding the team charge, roles, and communications.
- Look at the RST Team page for information regarding Academic Year identified goals, projects, etc.
Review the LCC Library Value: Mission and Vision Research Guide.
- Our Mission: The library empowers the LCC community to learn, teach, and discover.
- Our Vision: Impact every student, every time.
- New Librarians discuss your other teams' interest / involvement with the Library Director.